This is a limited time offer for students wanting to apply Early Decision to their first-choice university for admission to the freshman class of Fall 2018. Early Decision requires that students submit an application to just one college/university, and accept an admissions offer to attend (assuming financial aid needs are met).
The Starting Gate Early Decision plan begins on September 1 and concludes on the 2017 Early Decision deadline of December 1. It includes ten hours of support that can be distributed weekly or clustered in blocks based on student needs.
- Individual consultation to discuss educational/career/personal goals.
- Creation of a master list of target schools based on matching these goals.
- Generation of detailed reports to allow students and families to compare up to six chosen schools by data impacting likelihood of admission according to:
- SAT/ACT/TOEFL scores
- GPA and, class rank
- Completed AP and IB courses and exams, and
- Participation in athletics, volunteer, and other extracurricular activities.
- Written analysis of cost-of-attendance for each school, percent of financial aid granted by school and major, and analysis of graduation/employment rates.
- Guidance through the selection process to determine a first-choice school.
- Support through the entire application process for the chosen school, including essay brainstorming and editing.
- Interview preparation and training.
- Student guidance via text, email, Skype, or telephone communication.
- Creation of “backup plan” in the event Early Decision is not obtained.
- Post- acceptance plans to support successful transitions to college.
This program is offered at a discounted rate of $1000 (retail $1500) and is limited to 20 students.